Vitamin E is made up of eight fat-soluble compounds, four of which are tocopherols and the remaining four are tocotrienols. Vitamin E plays a vital role in supporting the immune system and the health of many organs of your body, particularly the blood and vessels.
Vitamin E also regulates gene expression and cell signaling. It is antioxidant and also protects cells from oxidative stress. Vitamin E is best known for its skin health and appearance benefits. Unlike most vitamins, vitamin E dissolves in fat.
Vitamin E Supplements
As vitamin E is fat-soluble, dietary supplement products contain the vitamin esterified with acetic acid to create tocopheryl acetate, offered in the form of tablets.
The safest foods to consume for Vitamin E
Vitamins are best obtained from foods in their purest form and provide the body with additional nutrients. Vitamin E can be found in a wide range of foods, including
- Vegetable oils, such as sunflower, wheat germ
- Various fortified foods, including cereals, fruit juices, and margarine
- Fruits like mangoes, avocados, and red bell peppers
- Spinach, green vegetables, broccoli, and collard greens
- Meat, poultry, and eggs
- Nuts, including walnuts, almonds, nut butter and hazelnuts
People who have digestive issues or are unable to absorb fat properly may be deficient in vitamin E. The following are common symptoms of severe vitamin E deficiency:
- Decreased muscle strength
- Lowered immune function
- Degeneration of the muscles
- Impaired eye vision
- Walking with shakiness
- Hair loss
- Weight gain
- Reduced immunity system
- Inability to walk steadily
Health Benefits of Vitamin E
The health of the brain, eyes, immune system, and heart depends on Vitamin E.
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease High blood pressure and high levels of blood lipids such as LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides may lead to heart disease. Studies suggest that people with these heart disease risk factors may benefit from taking vitamin E supplements.
- Helpful in treating dysmenorrhea A condition known as dysmenorrhea causes intense and recurring menstrual pains, including cramps and pelvic pain. Researchers have found evidence that vitamin E supplements may provide relief to women with this condition.
- Great stimulant for treating nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) It is a condition that occurs when your antioxidant defenses fail to prevent the accumulation of compounds called reactive oxygen species (ROS). Eventually, this can lead to cell damage, and you are at greater risk of developing disease.
- Since Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant in the body, taking Vitamin E Supplements in high doses can significantly reduce the markers of oxidative stress and boost antioxidant defenses.
Additional Health Advantages with Vitamin E Supplements
In addition to its many health benefits, Vitamin E supplements such as RIDOMAXX that come in the form of film-coated tablets, can been linked to the following health benefits:
- An eye disorder solution The consumption of Vitamin E may slow the onset of age-related macular degeneration.
- Improves cognitive function Supplements and maintaining optimal Vitamin E levels can help prevent cognitive decline.
- Beneficial to older adults People who are chronically ill, older adults, or who do not get enough Vitamin E in their diet may benefit from supplements since Vitamin E reduces inflammation and boosts immunity.
- Improves lung function A study established that children and adults with asthma showed improvement in lung function when taking Vitamin E supplements.
- Vitamin E Side-effects In very rare cases, Vitamin E toxicity can result in:
- Muscle weakness
- Fatigue, nausea, and diarrhea.
Well-designed clinical studies have improved our understanding of Vitamin E to a great deal. Vitamin E has been shown to possess antioxidative properties that may significantly reduce the risk of diseases such as atherosclerosis, oxidative stress, cancer, cataracts, and Alzheimer’s.
Thus, raising public awareness about the importance of dietary antioxidants in maintaining good health would benefit many people.