When the body gets proper nutrition either through diet or nutritional supplements or both; it remains in a better position to control diabetes. This is principal because of the beneficial effects of multivitamins, minerals, and trace elements on the body tissues which keep the organs in good health.
Nutrients that come from food and nutritional supplements help the body develop better insulin sensitivity. They also help in better utilization of glucose. These two-way effect goes a long way in gaining effective control of blood sugar levels.
Diabetes can be successfully managed by following the four important things:
- Physical activity or exercising
- Consuming proper Diet and nutrition
- Monitoring your blood glucose levels
Exercising your body or doing physical activity causes the muscles to use sugar. Insulin also is used efficiently by the body when you exercise. This certainly leads to lowering of the increased blood sugar levels. Ask your doctor for the type of exercises that can help you.
The doctor will evaluate your physical condition and suggest the right exercises and the schedule. Every diabetic who is in a position to exercise must exercise.
Consuming proper diet and nutrition
Diabetics need to pay special attention to what they eat and the type of nutritional supplements that they take. The doctor or a nutritionist will guide you about the right type of foods to consume and when. A nutritional supplement like Ridomaxx also might be prescribed. Ridomaxx qualifies to be the best multivitamin tablet for diabetics in India as it offers all the 24 essential vitamins, minerals, and trace elements that are beneficial in diabetic conditions. It can be safely called a diabetic multivitamin.
Benefits of taking nutritional supplements in diabetes
Multivitamin and multi-mineral tablets may offer the following benefits in diabetic patients.
- Correcting nutritional deficiencies if any and helping to improve overall health; showing visible improvement in symptoms of diabetes.
- Taking nutritional supplements ensures that your body is receiving the desired nutrition and you are no more nutrient deficient.
- Improvement in overall health and energy levels is likely. This will lead to increased exercise capacity. Having better exercise capacity is certainly going to lead to better management of diabetes.
Can I get all the nutrients through the diet?
Yes, diet is the best source of nutrients. However, even if you take an ideal diet; the increasing age and medical condition might not allow the nutrients to get absorbed optimally. This will lead to a deficiency of certain nutrients.
Moreover, for a majority of people; consuming an ideal diet that ensures all needed nutrients is nearly impossible to achieve on a daily basis. Thus it is safer to add a nutritional supplement with the recommendation of your doctor. The multivitamin and multiminerals supplement can help in preventing a nutrient deficient state.
Factors that should be considered while buying a nutritional supplement online
- It should be manufactured by a reputed company.
- The product should have FSSAI certification.
- It should be affordable.
- It should have the following multivitamins, minerals, and trace elements.
- Chromium: Helps in improving glucose tolerance.
- Vitamin D: Improves insulin sensitivity.
- Selenium: Necessary for better management of diabetes.
- Calcium and vitamin D: Necessary for strong bones. These two nutrients might prevent the weakening of bones or ‘osteoporosis’ in diabetics who might be at a higher risk of developing it.
- Phosphorous and manganese: Helps build strong bones.
- Vitamin B12 and other B vitamins: Keeps the nerves healthy, which is vital for diabetics as there is a possibility of them developing diabetic neuropathy. Also, certain diabetic medicines also cause deficiency of vitamin B12.
- Folic acid: Folic acid helps maintain heart health.
- Iron: Helps prevent anemia and associated weakness. This helps in increasing exercise capacity.
- Molybdenum: This is a necessary element for the normal production of enzymes. When enzymes are available in their normal quantities, this indirectly helps in better management of blood sugar.
- Monitoring blood glucose levels
Never skip your medication. Make sure that you take the medicines prescribed by your doctor as per the schedule. There might be coordination or co-relation between meals and medications. This prescribed schedule has to be strictly adhered to for better management of diabetes.
The other important things to be ensured by diabetics are:
- Always keep a sweet like chocolate, sugar pouch, etc. handy to take care of a drop in blood glucose level during exercising.
- Report any changes that you see in your body behavior to your doctor without wasting time. This will prevent any likely damage to your body.
- It is safe to wear a bracelet or tag that says that you are a diabetic. Such a bracelet or patch announcing your health status should be worn when you are exercising at any place other than your house. In case of any eventuality, this information to the people around you can make a huge difference in the outcome.
Last but not the least; the best multivitamin for diabetes will ensure that your body cells function optimally and this will ultimately help in better diabetes management. Your immune system will remain strong to fight off any infections. A daily supplement of nutrients is an easy way to ensure proper nutrition. However, you need to follow a prescribed diet at all times and eat nutritious food.
Taking a nutritional supplement, consuming nutritious food, doing recommended exercises, taking prescribed medication, and making healthy lifestyle changes will help you live a life full of energy and you will face life with positivity.